Bringing the joy of cooking to your kitchen with our fresh and flavorful recipes.
Spring rolls are a classic Chinese appetizer that is enjoyed all over the world. They are light, crispy, and packed with a variety of fresh vegetables and savory fillings. Spring rolls can be customized with a range of ingredients, including meat, seafood, tofu, and vegetables, making them a versatile and delicious dish for any occasion.
Here is a simple and easy recipe for making spring rolls at home:
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, grated carrots, bean sprouts, chopped mushrooms, green onions, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Mix well to combine.
- Take a spring roll wrapper and place it on a clean work surface. Spoon a small amount of the filling onto the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, then fold in the sides to create an envelope shape. Roll the wrapper tightly towards the top, sealing the edges with a bit of water.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully add the spring rolls to the pan and fry until they are golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the spring rolls from the pan and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, or soy sauce.
Enjoy your homemade spring rolls as a delicious and authentic Chinese appetizer. They are perfect for parties, gatherings, or a quick snack, and the leftover spring rolls can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated for a tasty meal option.